What Swash did
- Swash undertook independent technical reviews of various Australian ports’ dredging-related Sea Dumping Permit applications.
- Swash provided DAWE with a summary report for these reviews against the National Assessment Guidelines for Dredging 2009 and the requirements of Annex 2 of the London Protocol (1996 Protocol to the Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes and Other Matter, 1972), including:
- Waste prevention audit
- Consideration of waste management options
- Description and characterisation of waste
- Disposal site selection
- Assessment of potential effects
About the project
The Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE) requires independent technical consultant reviews of dredging-related Sea Dumping Permit applications.